Best 10 Reasons to hike in Nepal
10 reasons why hiking in Nepal is a must :
1. The High peaks : Seven of the world’s highest peaks are located in Nepal. All of the peaks are over 20,000 feet which is the highest mountain peaks in the world. Mount Everest is the king of all peaks and mountains lies in Nepal. In Nepal it is called Sagarmatha and in Tibet it is called Chomolungma and in the world it is called Earth’s highest mountain. It is located at Mahalangur section of the Himalayas. Its peak is 8,848 meters (29,029 feet) above sea level.
2. Bird Watching : Over 856 known species, Nepal is a bird watcher’s paradise. That’s almost 10% of the world’s total bird population. Surely you will see several birds during your stay and during your hiking and trips. So along with all the spectacles you can also enjoy chirping of birds and you can see them flying in the air.
3. The ultimate Peak of Adventure : Nepal is the perfect destination for people who are seeking adventures. They would be able to enjoy mountaineering, trekking, ultralights, and more. These extreme sports can be enjoyed in open grounds enjoy all these and continue your hiking. So you will never be bored and surely it would be cherish experience for you.
4. World heritage Sites : When you are on a visit and there is modernity all around without visiting historical sites it will be surely a taste which you would miss. Nepal is home to several UNESCO World Heritage Sites which further adds to the cultural charm. To make sure check out the various temples, castles, historical inns, and more to experience Old World culture and you would be surely amazed on seeing all historical places. It will be such an experience to be with all the idols and roaming in temples and palaces that were once ground to kings and queens. This is one of the most inevitable experiences that you would surely not miss.
Unfortunately most of these monuments are not there anymore through a lot of them from around the country are being rebuilt and taken care.
5. Lakes : The various lakes of Nepal are known not only for their outstanding beauty but also for spiritual importance. There are 200 lakes and small rivers in Nepal with their waters originating from glaciers.
6. Hospitality : The world talks about Nepali people they are known as extremely friendly, warm and welcoming people and also they consider guests and foreigner as blessing god.
We can understand their hospitality by a common phrase which the Nepalese use while greeting visitors “Guests are God”.
They believe it is their religious and moral duty to provide them relief and comfort and hospitality which the guests rightly deserve. They can even share rooms with you and also share food with you. By observing the Nepali people and their welcoming nature surely you would be forced to come to Nepal again. While hiking in Nepal you find people of friendly nature making your visit even pleasant and unforgettable.
7. The Sensational food of Nepal
Hiking would be the impossible without a good taste of food. Food is not only the necessity for humans but is also a source of pleasure. People pay huge amount for excellent tastes. In Nepal you can experience one of the best tastes of world. There is ethnic and cultural diversity so one could imaginary, unimaginable tastes in Nepal.
Some of the foods are given below which are considered as taste very important and distinct from rest of the world.
- Sel Roti
- Mo Mo
These are the few examples in Nepal you can get more than 500 dishes. Nepalese dishes do result from heavy South Asian influences like China India and Pakistan, the food is usually healthier with more lean meats and veggies. Other common ingredients include lentils, onions tomatoes, cumin, potatoes, yogurt, cucumber milk, garlic and meat. And you can eat heavy amounts of these foods. Therefore it is the great news for everyone and if you are on a hiking trip surely you would need to eat lots of them.
8. Landscapes and scenic Beauty
The most amazing and glamorous feature of Nepal and Himalaya are scenic beauty and landscapes. The nature has provided it with all the blessings the country can have from great peaks and mountain lakes, from green landscapes to extremely distinct birds, from historical places to absolutely modern hotels there is everything which a person can ever desire during hiking. So these places are surely on your bucket list.
9. Wild Life Safari
Nepal is rich in bio-diversity makes it ideal as an Eco -tourism destination and just excellent for hiking. Just as the Himalayas are famous for trekking and mountaineering activities, the Terai low land tropical jungle deserves to be just as famous as it has one of the best wildlife habitats in the subcontinent making it ideal for jungle safari activities. Nepal has a total 9 National Parks, 3 wildlife reserves, 6 conservation areas and 1 hunting reserve covering a total 28,999 sq. km which is 19.7% of the total land of Nepal.
The National park and wildlife reserve area is mainly covered by Sal forest with a balanced mixture of grassland, tropical, savannah and riverine forest. It is here that visitors will see most of the great variety of wildlife and birds. For a fantastic experience, journey into the deep jungle on an elephant’s back or in a 4WD with an expert naturalist to view wild animals in their natural habitat on one of our Nepal wildlife safaris.
Therefore if you are trekking this is one of the other great feature of Nepal that you must visit and enjoy.
10. Special Services for Tourists
These are special services which are given to tourists and you will find them greatly important for your visit. This is the specialty of people of Nepal that they give you full protocol.
- All ground transfer, transportation from Airport to/from hotel or anywhere.
- Three times of meals (Bed tea, Breakfast, Lunch and dinner) accommodation for entire the trekking team.
- Necessary equipment’s like sleeping bag, down jacket, trouser and raincoat, mattresses you need during you entire trekking.
- Necessary porters and their all expense for the trek.
- Trekking permit, National park fee.
- Fruits from Kathmandu after your meal as dessert and special sweet dishes.