Kathmandu World School, a semi-residential school with world-class infrastructure and facilities, has relocated to a new complex at Surya Binayak Municipality – 7, Gundu, Bhaktapur
|Jobs Function:||Admin/General Mgmt/Operations||Jobs Availability:||Full Time|
|Jobs Level:||Senior Level||Offered Salary:||65,000 – 85,000 / month|
|Jobs Location:||Kathmandu||Min. Experience Year:||5 Years|
|Education Degree:||Master||No. of Openings:||1|
|Deadline:||Saturday, Dec 09, 2017 (11 days left)||Preferred Gender:||Any|
Main purpose of job
- Under the direction of the Head of Elementary School, implement and monitor the objectives and policies of the elementary school in order to achieve improved learning outcomes for the students at Kathmandu World School (KWS),
- In partnership with the Head of Elementary School and Executive Leadership Team, provide professional leadership and management of all teaching–learning activities throughout the Elementary School.
- Duties related to teaching-learning
- Guide elementary school teachers in unit planning, curriculum organization and development,
- Implement creative and experiential learning practices across the elementary school department as per the school’s learning approach,
- Continually update one-self of development in the teaching of a particular subject area, and lead and support the staff in curriculum development of this particular subject,
- Monitor and evaluate subject teachings within the school, and ensure the implementation of the National Curriculum as per the school approach to education,
- Develop and implement all assessment and student performance tracking throughout the school and set appropriate goals where necessary,
- Offer advice and support to other staff on planning and implementing programmes of study,
- Initiate new ideas and encourage development in curricular content and methodology,
- Build positive connections between the lower and upper elementary schools so that there is a coherence in practice,
- To help create and maintain an attractive, effective and exciting environment for learning
- To facilitate and maintain a consistency in curriculum delivery and academic standards by scheduling meetings that encourage collaboration among various grade teams and departments
- Coordinate effective communication concerning students of elementary school, and involve parents/teachers/heads of other departments/ principal, as needed.
- Duties related to staff management
- An active role in the recruitment and selection of teaching staff,
- Support the leadership team in the induction and development of staff members,
- Conduct class observations, obtain weekly feedback from teachers and assess students’ learning, and advise changes in teaching approach as needed,
- Work in a consultative and supportive way with other staff,
- Supervise the display of staff notice–boards and the efficient circulation of information coming to the school,
- Assign special supervisory duties including arrival, lunch and dismissal time,
- Recommend any changes to the teacher’s handbook to the leadership team
- Duties related to Professional Development
- In collaboration with the leadership team, provide inputs in developing, planning and ensuring in-house professional development sessions,
- Mentor new teaching staff regarding classroom procedures, use of instructional materials, equipment and teaching aids,
- Maintain records of teacher observation,
- Plan, organize and maintain minutes of staff meetings,
- Further advance own professional development by attending at relevant courses.
- Duties related to Administration and Resource Management
- Recommend to the Head of Elementary School the requisition of books, materials and equipment within the confines of an allocated budget and ensure that these are well organized and accessible to other staff,
- Oversee, monitor and prepare the subject/classroom budget allocation,
- Distribute and keep record (inventory) of all classroom materials given to teachers,
- Assist the Head of Elementary School and the school Leadership Team in the effective implementation of all policies and rules governing student life and conduct.
- Sound understanding of curriculum development, assessment tools and student behavior management techniques,
- Excellent classroom practitioner with at least five years of demonstrated practice of progressive teaching approaches with children in a school(s),
- Good knowledge of child development stages and able to understand the requirements of transition between key stages
- Strong speaking/writing skills in both English and Nepali languages,
- Proactive, innovative and flexible
- Believes in a collaborative effort, and has a strong work ethic,
- Research oriented, and be able to analyze, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Must have a Master’s Degree in any discipline, preferably in Education.
Salary and Facilities
- Monthly salary will be between Nepalese Rs.65,000.0and 85,000.0,
- Ample opportunities for training and professional development will be provided. There will be excellent prospects for career growth,
- Festival allowance, leave allowance, food, etc. will be provided, and provident fund will be provided upon confirmation.
Interested candidates with zeal to contribute and deliver positive results are requested to send their application and a detailed curriculum vitae along with a letter of interest stating suitability for the position to [email protected] by Thursday, 4:30 p.m., November 9, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the recruitment process.